The Executive Council may from time to time admit Honorary Members pursuant to Regulation 12 and the Honorary Member so admitted shall have the prescribed rights under the Regulations
- Values, culture and identity of members
Members shall share the following values:
- Advocate for and promote the development of free trade across the African Continent.
- Foster partnership and collaboration towards the promotion of free trade within Africa.
- Embrace diversity of individuals, ideas, and expressions.
Exercise stewardship of the AfCFTA-PN global community
- Resignation or Exclusion of Members
In furtherance of Regulation 13 the following procedures shall apply:
- Exclusion of Membership
- In the unfortunate event that the conduct of a member contravenes the values, objectives and purposes of AfCFTA-PN, the Executive Council shall review the case and seek a possible resolution with the member.
- The member shall be informed of the proposed resolution and the timeframe for implementation.
- Where the proposed resolution is not amenable to the member or the member fails to implement the recommendations within a specified timeframe, the member shall be excluded and duly informed.
- There shall be no refund of subscription fees to the affected person upon exclusion from membership.
- Where a member fails to pay subscription fees on or before the 30th day of March of each year, the member shall be deemed to have been excluded until payment is made.
- Resignation of Membership:
- A member may resign from membership at any time subject to a written notice to the Executive Council to that effect.
- Notwithstanding, a member who is a subscriber or Executive Council member or who has been appointed to any position, shall give 30 days-notice to the Executive Council and shall relinquish all property of AfCFTA-PN and fulfill all financial obligations.